Welcome to AspUser 1.2 Web Site!
04/24/14 - AspUser 126.96.36.199 released
The service release fixes a bug causing the error "The API return buffer is too small" when loading local group members.
08/05/10 - AspUser 1.2 compatible with 2008/Vista/7 released
Version 1.2 makes the following 3 properties and 1 method of the User object obsolete:
08/20/07 - 64-Bit AspUser released
This removes AspUser's reliance on the system library rassapi.dll which is no longer supported on Windows Vista,
2008 and 7 and makes the component compatible with these modern versions of Windows.
The native 64-bit version of AspUser is now officially released.
What is AspUser?
AspUser is an active server component for managing Windows NT/2000 users, groups and permissions.
Designed as a hierarchy of objects and collections, AspUser gives you an intuitive
object-oriented programming interface.
What's New in AspUser 1.1
- The property User.AccountExpires is now read/write (used to be read-only).
- The File.AllowAccess, File.DenyAccess, File.RevokeDenial and File.RevokeAllowance methods now take into account
the AU.Server property which allows you to modify file and directory permissions on remote machines.
- Bugs in the User.LastLogon and User.LastLogoff properties fixed.
- Several other minor bugs fixed.
Upgrades are free! Just download the new
version and install it over your old one. Your registration key will still be valid.
- Ability to add, delete, rename and enumerate NT users and groups,
on a local box or across server and domain borders.
- Ability to retrieve and change various user and group account properties. AspUser exposes 37 user account properties.
- Ability to allow users to change their NT passwords over the Web.
- Ability to change user membership information.
- Ability to impersonate arbitrary user accounts.
- Ability to retrieve and change Access Control Lists (ACLs) of files and directories.
- Ability to set a file owner,
- Ability to change a domain user account's Primary Group property.
- AspUser is fully integrateable with Visual Basic.
- AspUser provides server browsing functionality via the Servers collection and Server object.
- AspUser provides methods for obtaining current user, machine and domain names.
- AspUser has no hardcoded messages in English. Every error message it throws is in the native
language of the system it is running on (with the exception of expiration- and registration-related messages).
- AspUser optionally includes genuine Windows error codes in the beginning of all exception messages to give
the developer more flexibility in handling errors.
- AspUser comes with fully functional ASP-based User Manager and User Manager for Domain
applications, so that you can take advantage of the component without having to write a single line of code.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 Persits Software, Inc.
All Rights Reserved